1974 Olympic White Precision Bass
Here is one that I was not planning to let go. Unfortunately I have expensive car repairs to pay so I'm now offering my favorite bass up...
Maybe not the right bass for collectors going for originality but this one definitely has looks, sound and playability to die for. By far the coolest original Olympic White I've ever seen in person! - Ash body routed previously for added J pickup and Badass I bridge
- Worn Olympic White original finish faded to banana yellow!
- Maple neck with B (1 5/8") nut width, refretted professionally with no appreciable fret wear
- Pro setup with super low action: Open string 12th fret action height is 1.75mm (E) to 1.25mm (G)
- Recent Fender 70's RI bridge mounted on fitted filler blocks with bridge cover which covers most of the Badass route
- Recent USA Fender Nitro Tort pickguard
- 2006 USA Fender P pickup, Duncan SJB-1 J pickup
- 250K ALPHA linear concentric stacked volume pot for the P & J volumes, 2006 250K CTS Tone, vintage 60's Fender .10 Tone Cap
- 10.25 lb, light for a 70's ash-bodied Fender!
This is a killer vintage funk machine that has been updated over the years. I planned to restore it part by part but realized it really would not improve what's already here because IT KILLS! I like that there's enough "wrong" with it that I can just play it and not worry about harming it with use. $1500 shipped CON US Ships in padded gig bag. No trades.
Thanks for looking!