I've had to make some tough choices recently, and I have to let this piece go as much as it pains me to do so.
- Right at 9lbs (PERFECT!)
- Alder body (ancient wood)
- Indian Rosewood board (also super old)
- Jimmy's "thin poly" 3TS finish (the tone of nitro but with better durability)
- Vintage tint on neck
- Lollipop tuners
- Fit/finish excellent. Representative of Jimmy's best work.
- Plays like a dream, and sounds even better
- Tort guard/screws (not installed, no holes in body yet!!)
- 2 NEW/UNUSED sets of Jimmy's SS strings, from the original Turkish source (great strings!)
- Dunlop Dual Straploks
- INCLUDED: Mono M80 single bag (mint/new)
Pics below, I checked it over with a fine tooth comb and the pics are still 100% representative even though they were not taken last night.
I'm looking to get $3500 (net) INCLUDING shipping/insurance to the lower 48, and I would probably even eat shipping charges to go 2-day to get this bass on a plane so it had an "easier ride".
Make no mistake. This is a SUPERB instrument on EVERY level, and it looks like I've pretty much never played it. I have, but rarely, which is why it's still in its condition, and, why I must sell it despite how much I still love it and would consider it nearly impossible to replace for various reasons.
Sorry, but generally no trades... I might consider a trade where the majority was still cash, but I'm looking to re-purpose funds and thin the herd here, not just alter my collection.