Up for sale is an early Mike Lull custom (serial 550) 5 string sunburst P/J bass. $1400 Shipped.
- 35" scale
- Bartolini pick up in bridge, Lull P pickup on the neck
- Barolini Pre
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- 24 fret
- Passive bypass with tone control
- Neck Width at nut: 1 7/8 ths inch.
This bass is a bit of a frankenstein, but it sounds like a big thick Lull and can be set up with insanely low action if that is your thing. Also it was set up E-C originally, so if you are looking for a great bass for chordal stuff, this is it. It is now strung B-G and obviously works fine either way. Main things you will notice:
1) This bass had a MIDI pickup on it and when it was removed the mounting holes for the pickup were filled in . Visible, but not tone impacting. Was told this was done by Lull.
2) Neck has had the finish sanded off. Yes, it was intentional by a previous owner. So unfinished smooth neck.
This thing plays great, is very very articulate, and flexible enough to go from deep roots reggae to hi-fi slap. The P and J config give a lot of options. Going to try and weight it today, but as a comparison, it is WAY lighter than my American Jazz Bass 4 string.
No Trades, thanks.
PICS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjqajci49d...SCN0108%7E.JPG https://www.dropbox.com/s/wiyaozzfpqqab4v/DSCN0110.JPG https://www.dropbox.com/s/8slul410jyqnxgr/DSCN0111.JPG https://www.dropbox.com/s/offh0pwcm477mb1/DSCN0112.JPG
Thanks for reading, this is my first sale on TB so hence the lack of feedback.