For Sale Only Drake Custom....Marilyn....finished November 2010
SOLD 4/30/2013....Thanks, James!
• Wenge neck and fingerboard, bound in bloodwood
• 34” scale
• Slim jazz bass neck design….1.5 inches at the nut….2.5 inches at the 24th fret….20” fingerboard radius
• Mother of pearl front and side fret markers
• Two carbon fiber stab rods and dual action truss rod
• Body is light weight swamp ash wings on a Wenge center block
• Two EMG jazz pickups
• Wired, volume, volume, tone
• 9V active
• Hipshot Ultralite tuners and Hipshot A style bridge
• Strung with RotoSound RS77LD flats
• Weighs only 8 pounds
Marilyn has a warmer, focused low end and warm, poppy mids and highs. This bass is versatile and has tone forever. Great sustain….you’ll feel the sound vibrations through the body. The neck is smooth and silky to the touch, the fret dress is exceptional, giving the bass a great feel. Marilyn is very well balanced and comfortable to play sitting or standing.
The body finish is beginning to age to a nice pale ivory. This does not show in the photos.
This bass was designated to be my number one show bass until I was introduced to the Drake 32” scale basses. I played Marilyn in perhaps a dozen shows before finding my preference was for the 32” basses.
Marilyn is very big, strong and punchy. She easily cuts any live stage mix.
Drake basses have been an exceptional value. They took a price increase this past year and I expect they will continue to do so in future years. Andrew does great work and can compete with product from any of the boutiques. Workmanship is exceptional. Sound and playability are the best I’ve ever experienced and I’ve been at it awhile.
$1,400 $1,300 with quality ProTec gig bag
Price includes shipping CONUS and I accept PayPal.
Please PM me with additional questions or to make an offer.
Please click thumbnails below for larger images.
There are more photos in following posts.
Thanks for looking.
Last edited by Koog : 04-30-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Reason: Bass Sold