F/S Dingwall Lee Sklar 5 String, Lime Green
Ok, I have finally decided between my 2 Dingwalls and am selling my Dingwall Lee Sklar 5 string. What an amazing bass, but I want to widen my herd with different sounds.
First I will list the specs, then my thoughts:
• 5 Pc Maple, Wenge fingerboard with 24 Stainless Steel Mando size frets
• Matching Headstock with Chrome logo Lee Sklar Signature
• Pearl D logo at 12th fret,
• 3mm pearl face and side dots on fingerboard
• Gotoh Tuners with Hipshot Extender Key on B-string-helps for different tunings on 5th string
• Body: Dual Density Northern Ash/Alder with Thumb recess for control plate access.
• Electronics Super-Fatty pickups
• Rotary pickup selector wired, bridge, parallel, neck, series
• Active/passive Glockenklang 3-band pre-amp with 250 Hz mid, active/passive treble.
• Dingwall logo Gigbag
I am the original owner. This bass is almost like new, I have had it 10 months. Never smoked around. The frets are designed to be lightening fast and smooth. The tonal arrangement of the bass goes from quiet to more humbucker sounding. It has a good mid range that cuts through. I was hoping to attach a recording I did this summer of a jazz piece using the Sklar, but it is too big for the limits on talk bass. For those interested I will be glad to email it to you.
I like this bass, but like I said, I want one of different types, not going to do multiples from one vender. This bass has the Novax fret system, which I found to be so excellent especially on a long bass like this one. No adjustment at all on my part. Fit and finish are perfect, thanks to Sheldon's amazing work. The green lacquering is attention getting.
So I have said my part. I am selling this for $3350.00 firm, shipped to Continental US included. NO TRADES PLEASE. Sale price new on this bass is $4400.00
Please email me with questions.
Swings Da thing;Blues Da news