For sale is an astounding 4 string XOTiC XJ-1T
Easily the nicest bass I have ever owned. I purchased this instrument from Bass Specialties on 4/20/12. This is the earlier version of the XJ-1T, mid-frequency switches are on the back of the body.
As nice as this instrument is, I am selling because I find myself going back to passive p basses with flatwounds.
What to say? The smoothest/sweetest neck I have ever had the pleasure of playing, every single fret rings like a bell. The preamp gives you endless tonal shaping options. Nice access to the high frets. Light scratching on back of body (around the belt buckle area) and a few small nicks that were hard to photograph. There are two noticeable nicks, up close and personal, but they are small, just want to be honest.
- Bolt-on 22-fret neck, offset body
- Lindy Fralin pickups
- Hipshot UltraLight tuners and bridge
- Custom-shaped pickguard
- XOTiC 3-band preamp
- Runs at 18 volts for extended headroom
- The chrome knobs are the same as a traditional J-bass: an individual volume control for each pickup and a master tone. The mini-knobs are for the active preamp and control bass, mid and treble.
- Both of the volume knobs on the bass are push/pull. The first allows the bass to go into passive mode for going completely classic J sonically. The second is a unique humbucking mode that combines both pickups as one big pickup. In this mode, your front volume control now becomes a master volume for some serious thunder.
- Accessible through the back panel are additional mid-frequency switches and an output gain control.
- Oil-finished maple neck with a maple fretboard
- Jescar nickel-silver frets
- Ash body
shipped with hardcase in CONUS
Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 + cash
Aguilar GS 112 + cash
Lakland Skyline 44-64 custom (Duck Dunn, 9lbs or under please) + cash
Maybe a Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones + cash