Here's the story of the bass I've been calling "The Hybrid."
Earlier this year, I bought a brand new balck and maple 2011 Fender P Bass Deluxe. I loved that bass but the active pups made a lot of noise in my basement with the lights. Then a major GAS attack hit and I sold it. And then I regretted it. You know how it goes!
Then I tried to scratch the P Bass itch without spending a ton. First I bought a really nice 2011 MIM Fender with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders. The bass sounded great but the neck wasn't quite as nice at the MIA one.
So, one night waaaaayyy past my bed time, while laying in bed with my iPad I executed my master plan to replace my beloved MIA black and maple P. First, I bought a brand new 2012 Fender American Standard neck - the one I'd been missing so badly. Then, I bought brand new Fender Tuners and a brand new Babicz Bridge. A few days later it all arrived and I built "The Hybrid."
This bass is simply awesome. It weighs only 8.5 lbs on the bathroom scale. Sounds incredible. And the looks.... It looks like a Black and Maple P Bass - enough said!
I have honestly only played it for about 2-3 hours and most of that time it had flats on it, so it's frets are like new. The action can be set incredibly low and the fine tuning your can do with the Babicz is a treat to work with. This bridge really is a great design and it does add to the sustain and it's so comfortable for resting your hand while using a pick. I love it.
I finally just admitted to myself that I have too many basses for a guy who just plays in my basement and my Spectors are my go-to's. So, I really enjoyed building the dream P, but I have to let her go to pay some bills.
In summary, you will get the following:
- 2011 Fender MIM P Bass body. No dings, some very light marks from cleaning. Pickguard shows typical wear for a year old bass.
- 2012 Fender American Standard P Bass neck - Like new. (all purchased from Stratosphere)
- Fender Tuners - The correct MIA version - like new.
- Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound Basslines pickups
- Babicz Bridge - like new
- Fender Gig Bag - like new - still has tags on it
- Fender Padded strap - like new
- Schaller Strap locks - like new
- Sadowsky Black Label stainless strings - new - only 10 minutes of play on them (for real).
CONUS and PayPal only. No trades please, unless you have the right Warwick or Spector.
This is a sweet bass and I would love to see someone here buy it and rock the $h*t out of it!