I had to put a ton of love into this bass. When I received it, it was encrusted with years of neglect -- scum on the body, fretboard slathered in a thick buildup of waxy residue, one bad pot, and a sketchy output jack.
I completely disassembled it, scrubbed it down, soaked the bridge parts in solvent, cleaned and oiled the rosewood, and re-wired it completely. I installed a new Tusq nut, but it should be professionally filed, as it's a tad high right now. It's only lightly glued in. Non-original string tree, Duncan dual-design strap locks, and replacement truss rod cover. Oh, and a super-duper truss socket tool is included.
It cleaned up pretty nicely, and now plays great and sounds really nice. Problem is, I just picked up YET ANOTHER bass (ok, two more), so this should go to make room.
Wiring is done in standard Jazz bass style. I didn't try to recreate the weird Peavey wiring. New 250k pots, new cap, new jack, nifty black hi-fi knobs, and a fresh set of Dunlop 45-105 nickel rounds.
The finish has its share of dings, dents, doinks, boinks, scratches and swirling. The back of the neck has some bumps and bruises too, and you can feel them under hand. The serial number is 03055895, and so far as I can tell, dates this to 1987. Weight is 9 lbs, 14.7 oz.