Just received the tuition bill for my son's freshman year of college. Might be time to start selling the basses I really don't use anymore. Each of these 5 strings are set E to C
1. Emerald XB-35 ABG. This bass is in excellent condition. Here is a link to the Emerald Guitars website: http://www.emeraldguitars.com/produc...es/xb-35-Bass/
Hi res pics are available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/170z0nrog2uibke/qIgTCMuczF
Depending on the light and the angle it either looks green (most of the time) or red. I think most of the pics look red due to the sunlight.
Ships with Emerald Guitars Gig Bag. New, direct from Emerald these sell for $1,995. Asking $1,450. SOLD
2. Karl Hoyt, 5 string lined freltess. Karl is one of my favorite people and favorite luthiers. I've wanted a Hoyt for the longest time. I just don't play it enough to justify keeping it.
This 5-string fretless is absolutely beautiful. The body is solid zebra wood and the look is complete with a matching headstock, truss rod cover and cavity cover.
Bartolini jazz pickups with passive electronics. The cavity is large enough to add a preamp if you like, but honestly, this instrument doesn't need it. The sound is clear and strong.
- 34" scale length
- 1.75" neck width at the nut.
- Dunlop straplock buttons
- weight of the bass is 8.5 lbs.
Take a look at the pictures; If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
This is a handmade custom instrument from a very reputable luthier. I'm asking $1100 shipped within the US. I have a number of gig bags that will work for it. I will throw in a double bass bag if desired. I also have a nicely worn Levy's leather bag for an additional $100.
3. Finally a truly one of a kind Zon VB5 (Vinny). This bass was the featured Vinny on the Zon website for a while. Ash Body with a naturally stained quilted maple top. 19mm spacing. There is one small ding in the top that is not visible by photo. This bass plays and sounds absolutely wonderful. Ships in Zon gig bag