This 5-string Carvin XB75 was hand-crafted in the USA by Carvin in San Diego to meet the specifications of the original owner in 2006. It is in fantastic condition and sounds great.
The tones are rich and deep, particularly on the B string and this is partially due to the longer 35 1/4" scale length as well as the neck through design and hipshot bridge as well as the quality build by Carvin.
I purchased this bass about 18 months ago and have taken great care of it. Recently I polished the body and frets and conditioned the fret board with lemon oil. The strings have been cleaned and are less than a year old.
Before purchasing I contacted Carvin with serial number (#91975) and these are the stats they returned to me:
- 10-31-06 Birth Date
- XB75 Model
- TT Two-tone finish on the body
- ASH the standard wood for the XB75 is Alder, however this bass was custom built for the original owner using swamp ash
- 5MW 5 piece neck of Maple and Walnut
- G Gold hardware upgrade
- HC17 Original Case. However the case I am including is not the original case.
- $1208.00 Original purchase price
Other features include:
- Neck through design for ultimate sustain and neck stability
- onboard EQ and push/pull volume knob to switch from active to passive pickups
- Hipshot™ A-style bridge with strings fed through the body, but strings can also be top loaded
. Includes case. Will trade for partial payment towards a Mesa Boogie Bass Prodigy
The above information is an abridged version from Carvin's web site and the specific XB75 page: http://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/xb75
There is one nick on the back side of the headstock which is about the same size of the one under the "V" in the photo. Other than that she is as clean as can be.
Feel free to message me for more information if needed.
I am on the lookout for a Mesa Boogie Bass Prodigy amp. If you are interested in trading for this bass I will pay the additional cost in cash.