I've got two basses up for sale: #1 - SOLD
The first is my Music Man Bongo 6 HH
. It is less than one year old (with the new style tuning machines) in excellent condition. I love everything about this bass except I don't need a 6 string. The only flaw is a small ding on the back/tip of the headstock (see photos). Otherwise it is near mint.
It is the standard basswood body, maple neck, and
the fretboard is rosewood but the grain is very tight
and it looks like it could be pao ferro?
. All the electronics are stock, 18V preamp with 4 band eq. This thing sounds killer. $1500 shipped
CONUS including OHSC. #2 - SOLD
The second bass is my Schecter Diamond Series Stiletto Studio 5
. It is about 8 years old and has been well taken care of, but there is some normal playing wear. The standard features are: 5 pc maple/walnut neck, mahogany body and bubinga veneer top. It has a 35 inch scale and a very comfortable neck-thru construction. It has the original 18V (EMG I think) preamp with a 3 band eq.
This has been somewhat of a project bass for me and I've done a few mods & upgrades.
- Professionally routed for Carvin HB5 (Music Man style) humbuckers (the original pickups were EMG HZ)
- Changed all hardware from gold to black
- Buffed out original satin finish to semi-gloss (not mirror perfect but looks good)
- Re-wired from 2 vols to 1 vol and 1 blend. The solder connections are solid but the taper on the pots is very sensitive. The blend knob is more of a 3 way switch
- The lower strap button was moved about an inch so there is a small hole where that used to be
With the Schecter I will include an Ernie Ball strap with Schaller strap locks, SKB hard case (the case has a few ripples from age but is fully functional, also has a slight "old case smell" inside, but not that strong
), and allen wrenches for bridge and truss rod adjustments.
Overall this is a good mid-level or a fantastic entry-level bass. I just don't play it much anymore.
Asking $600 shipped CONUS to start. Schecter is SOLD.
I am possibly interested in the following trades, but only in very good or excellent condition. Edit: just got myself a Bongo 5 so I am no longer interested in trades.
-Bongo 5 HH in black, sapphire black or carbon blue (might consider others, let me know)