Find myself only playing my two Fender V’s these days; so further 4 banger arsenal reduction continuous…
Here is a unique styled P/J in a classic color combination with high quality construction that serves up killer playability and tone…
Neck acquired here on Talkbass, is an 80’s something Fender of Japan Squire Neck (1 5/8th), has beautiful flame and sports excellent condition Fender vintage reverse tuning pegs. Original Thread: Fender Precision Body & Neck for sale
Additional pics here: http://smu.gs/12tK0dA
Be sure to select Original Size option for largest image / best resolution.
So here are the details: cost, item (where acquired)
• $230: 80’s MIJ Fender Squire Precision neck: beautifully flamed maple and rosewood grain. (TalkBass)
• $400: Factory painted Dakota Red Swamp Ash body, P/J (60’s spacing) routed (Warmoth).
• $30: White ’72 single ply pickguard (Warmoth)
• ~$110: Seymour Duncan SBP2 , JB2 Hot stack pickups (Talkbass, Best Bass Gear)
• $32: GOTOH 201 chrome bridge top loader (Warmoth)
• $84: 3 way blade toggle switch (neck, both, bridge), pots, knobs and input jack (Allparts)
• $14 Fender “F” neck plate, plastic plate gasket (eBay)
• $22 Med. Round Stainless strings (Sadowsky)
Body condition as shown by the high quality pictures, is excellent with 3 blemishes noted:
1. Ding on the top edge where your forearm would cover. Not through the wood, appears to be from possibly a watch clasp.
2. Pin head size dent between bridge and bridge pickup above E- String
3. Light surface scratches on back toward bottom (opposite control cavity.
Neck condition playing surface and back of neck is excellent, headstock has some minor edge dings. Back of neck has been “0000” Steel wooled to remove gloss and make satin in finish feel and plays very fast like the newer Fender’s.
Bass was fully assembled by Mark Cigainero in Ft. Worth Texas. Mark does fantastic work. Another Fender / Warmoth P/J that Mark assembled for me, in the words of a friend of mine that has extensive professional experience, plays as well as a Fender Custom shop instrument.
Bass is lighter, in the mid 8 lb range.
Quality parts, assembly > Quality tone and playability!
Excluding assembly, there’s +$900 in parts on this beauty… so
How’s about $500 + shipping insured FedEx continental U.S.
She’ll ship in a used Gator ultra light semi-hard case
I will not ship international: Continental U.S. ship only…
I’m a trusted seller here and on eBay (Shirazbop 100% rating (128), 20 sales).
Cashiers check or Postal Money Order only: no PayPal. Local sale option is $500 in a used Fender Deluxe gig bag.
Some tearing on inner liner near zipper. Outside is clean and uncompromised.
PM or Email me with offers for any particular questions or photos you might like to see. I just picked up my second 5 stringer so am pretty well covered with a Fender American Standard Precision V and Jazz V,… so looking pretty much for a straight sale,... but if you have a Fender or Musicman Fretless 5 for trade + cash, I might be interested…