I'm offering for sale my Lakland 4-94, which was my main player from the beginning of 2009 when I got it until early 2013, when I decided to switch to primarily 6-string and double bass. This is an amazing bass that plays well, sounds great, and is just beautiful. In fact, it's such an attractive bass that the Lakland folks made a point of emailing me about how striking it was when I sent it in for the LH-3 updgrade.
A few specs:
- US Made in 2005 (SN #745)
- Flame maple top
- Birdseye maple fingerboard
- Ash body
- Quarter-sawn hard maple neck
- 19mm bridge spacing
- 34" scale
- neck profile is somewhere between J and P. My experience with it has been smooth and fast
- new pickups and preamp (I sent it to Lakland in 2010 to replace the Bartolinis with the newer LH-3 preamp and custom pickups)
- Shipped in the original hardshell case
- Currently wearing GHS Medium Progressives
Overall, this bass is in great condition. There are a few small scrapes on the top of the headstock (shown in photos), but otherwise, this instrument is in nearly mint condition.
This is a great player with lots tonal flexibility. I'm selling because this bass is not getting the play time it deserves.
Asking $1950 shipped CONUS.