Recently acquired on a trade with starousjohn for my Fender ’51 Re-issue: FT Feeler: my '08 Amer. Std. P for Sting P +?
Looking to fund another 5 stringer so thinning my 4-string herd. My entry point on Fivers was on a 2011 Fender Candy Cola/Maple Precision V that I love!
2008 was a transitional year for Fender, which many feel, was when they got their act back together again. This beauty is Stock with the exception of black pick guard and Seymour Duncan ¼ Pounder Pickup. This is a high quality professional instrument in excellent condition. Edited
from the www.fender.com
- Neck Shape: Modern "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck Material: Graphite Reinforced Maple
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Neck Plate: Standard 4 Bolt
- Truss Rods: Posiflex™ Graphite Neck Support Rods
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Pickup Config: Single Split-Coil Pickup
- Pickup: Seymour Duncan SPB3, “Quarter Pounder”
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: High Mass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Tuning Machines: Fender®/Hipshot® Vintage Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Unique Features: Tinted Neck, Maple Fingerboard Neck: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Front, Gloss Finish on Headstock Front with Buffed Fingerboard, Fender Spaghetti Logo, Posiflex™ Graphite Neck Support Rods, Rounded Body Shape, Rolled Fingerboard Edges, New Molded Fender/SKB® Case with TSA Locks, Glass Reinforced Nylon Trigger Latches, and Form Fitted Plush Interior
- Case/Gig Bag: Molded rectangular SKB® case
Neck is perfect, no nicks on headstock or neck proper. Some minor fret wear on first couple frets. Tuners are clean shinny and working smoothly. Body to neck joint is super tight.
Body is a beautiful 3 tone Sunburst with excellent grain on the wood. There are pics taken with both no flash and slow sync flash (yellowish tones) to best illustrate the instrument. One ding on bottom edge below the tone knob (see photo) and some slight smooth indentations (dimples) above the input jack that you really have to look for in perfect lighting.
There are a couple very surface scratches in the back that wouldn’t photograph and some slight swirling on the pick guard. There is some oxidization on the heads of the pickup screws.
She's strung with (nearly new) Thomastik Infeld Jazz flats.
This beauty tips the scales at a svelte 8.05 lbs and is balanced perfectly.
Again, please check out the pictures in full size mode to get the best view of this fine instrument.
Links to pics: http://smu.gs/QewTXO
Be sure to select “original” size to get full detail.
How’s about $760 shipped insured FedEx continental U.S in the original Fender SKB case (with key). Not interested in shipping international so PLEASE DON”T ask.. ☺
Outright sale is preferred, but I’m open to a trade with cash from me for a late model Fender MIA Jazz V
I’m a trusted seller here and on eBay (Shirazbop 100% rating (128), 20 sales).
PM or Email me for any particular questions or photos you might like to see.