I purchased this Alembic at Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center in Wheaton, Maryland in the spring of 1992.
I have taken excellent care of this beauty for the last twenty-one years, but have lately been thinking about selling to invest in another four-string.
- 1992 Alembic Essence 5 String
- One owner
- Maple body and through-neck with (walnut?) inlays/stripe
- Flame Maple top
- Brass nut and bridge. (The tarnished spots on the bridge should polish off easily.)
- Ebony fingerboard.
- Alembic pick-ups and 9V active electronics.
- Currently strung with Ken Smith Slick Round Strings
- Nice Pro-Tec case included
- Minor dings and wear, but in excellent condition. See photo for largest finish ding above lower horn.
I'm not sure I'm ready to sell this bass, but I'm wondering if there is any interest/demand. I'd ask $2,400 shipped CONUS.
I'd consider a trade for a Sadowsky NYC four-string, preferably either a P/J hybrid with P body and J neck or a vintage P.
I've never made any transactions on TalkBass, but please see my feedback on eBay if interested. I have bought and sold several instruments there and have 100% positive feedback on 43 transactions. My user name is 80hz.
Thanks for looking!