FS: KSD FL604 Fretless - sunburst/rosewood
Up for grabs is a gently-used, 4-string Ken Smith Design Proto-J Vintage 60s fretless bass, with active electronics (model #KSD-FL604). The bass is fretless with fret-line markers on the neck. I purchased this in January, 2010 from the original owner who bought it new in 2006, and it's still in great shape. The finish is Tobacco Sunburst, the body is North American Alder and the neck is Canadian Maple. Fretboard is lined rosewood - 34" scale. The preamp has a 2-band active EQ which can be bypassed for passive mode. String spacing at the bridge is 19mm.
The body and neck are in outstanding condition. There is very little playing wear on the fretboard (see photos.) The neck is straight and plays smoothly. The body is nearly perfect, with the following minor flaws: a small (1/8") dimple on back of body between output jack and strap pin (see photo #8), small amount of buckle rash on the clear coat on back of body (photo #7 - emphasized lighting to make it more visible. Note in photo #3 the rash is virtually invisible), and there is minor wear on the pickguard from normal use.
- Master volume (push/pull for bypassing preamp)
- Pickup blend (with center detent)
- Stacked active bass & treble controls (with center detent) (+/-12dB boost/cut)
I'm also including the original hardshell case (as seen in photos). The case is in like-new condition.
You can find more info online for this model at: http://www.dandreaco.com/sixties.html
Hit me up with any questions. Looking for cash - no trades at this time. Full photo gallery here: http://photo.jondiener.com/gallery/K...000I2HDlnigPdM
ASKING $400, plus shipping. Paypal accepted.
Forgot to mention two things in the ad:
1) This has probably been played less than an hour a month while I've owned it. Always kept in climate-controlled, smoke-free environment.
2) I had hoped to have more need for fretless on some of my gigs (jazz groups and musicals), but it just isn't happening. So after 3 years of not really playing this, I've decided to let her go to another good home. At this point, I need the cash more than I need to keep this bass.
I'll gladly entertain any reasonable offers. (No trades)
How much does it weigh?
Still very much available.
Going to evil bay on Saturday, if I don't get any bites here.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:27 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.