SOLD. Thank you to all who looked.
For Sale: Lakland 55-02D Cherry Burst/ Maple Top Bass
I purchased this Lakland from a Talkbasser here seven months ago to be played while awaiting a custom build I received in December. This bass did its job very nicely for the six months I played it. Now that I have my custom, I’m putting this very nice bass up for sale so someone can appreciate playing it. It sounds nice and aggressive, with great finger style and slap sounds. I was able to get a nice warm sound out of it via the bass’ EQ for ballads. The bass sounds great in the pocket, yet cuts through with excellent definition. I’d say these Laklands, and this one in particular that I’ve had the pleasure of playing, are way under priced. This is a great Workin’ Man’s Bass.
• Indonesia built, Finished in Chicago
• Hanson Pickups and Preamp
• Swamp Ash body, Curly Maple Top
• Cherry Burst stain
• Maple Neck/Maple Fret board
• 35” scale
• String spacing at bridge: 19mm
• Lakland Plek’d (for details, see here: http://youtu.be/iWsYq0kFHik
• 8.8 lbs
• Serial # 100414536
• Price: $1,000, Lakland case & Shipping included to the CONUS