Re-listed with lower price and more accurate title.
Looking for $550 Paypal shipped Continental USA Lower 48.
Pulled the neck and turns out it's a late 70's 3-bolt Music Man Sabre that weighs in at 8 lb 7 oz in it's current state.
I bought it exactly as you see it and have no history on who did the modifications or why they did them.
It plays well and the EMG Jazz pickup works fine. The EMG P pickup is dead. It is wired Volume, Volume, Tone with no active EQ.
- The original Sabre pickups are included.
- The original preamp is long gone.
- The neck, fretboard and headstock are in good condition. The thumb surface of the neck is very smooth and appears to be finish free... maybe some oil/wax.
- Truss rod works in both directions and the neck appears to be straight.
- The body is also in nice shape and is free of any significant gouges or dents. The finish is a whitewash on the back (unknown) if it's original. The finish has been mostly removed (sanded?) on the front and sides. It may have been this way for years as the wood under the pickguard is a lighter color than the exposed areas.
- The current tuning machines have long posts and do not provide enough string break angle at the nut and should be replaced.
- Music Man Hardshell Case is included. All the latches and hinges work and it looks period correct. One of the chrome knob "feet" has been pushed in. The interior looks good.
BE SURE TO CHECK THE ALBUM for additional pics. The "lighter" colored wood is the closest to the actual color : https://picasaweb.google.com/1094226...eat=directlink
Here's a few teasers...