Well, the time has finally come. My GAS has abated (slightly
) with a couple recent acquisitions, so I need to keep my promise to my wife and let this one go. I'm the only owner - purchased it custom-made new from Carvin in summer of '00, so it's just north of 10 years old, though aside from some pretty standard player's wear (see pics below), you might not know it. This has been my only bass that whole time, until just recently. It plays great, sounds great, wears well on a strap, and is just an all-around really solid player's bass.
It's been setup recently with EADGC; I didn't change the nut, though, so you can string it up how you see fit.
Here are the details:
- '00 Carvin LB-75 fretted 5-string, 9.5lbs
- Walnut body, satin oil finish
- Matching walnut headstock
- 34"-scale maple/walnut 5-pc through-neck with 24-fret ebony board
- Custom full-width string spacing (confirmed it's 19mm)
- Abalone dot inlays
- Single-coil J-style pickup in neck, MM humbucker in bridge with series/parallel switch
- Carvin 3-band active electronics (Vol-Blend-Bass-Mid-Treb)
- Black hardware
- Shipped in OHSC (Carvin gig bag available, but only willing to ship separately)
- I have a pair of chrome Schaller strap lock buttons that I can throw in, no charge - just let me know
Current new price with same options is almost $1300, so I'm asking a very reasonable $580 shipped CONUS
. No trades, no international, PayPal is fine, etc.
Thanks for looking! Please give this baby a good home - she's been real good to me for the last decade.
Shots of wear: