$250 shipped to Con US. Upgrades alone are worth near that!
May be willing to trade for a micro head (GK200MB, TC BH 250, Ampeg PF, etc ...)
No case or bag, but it will be lovingly packed, insured and shipped via USPS ground.
Even though I love this bass, I'm trying to stick with Jazz-sized necks, and keep the inventory below wife-alarm levels, so this has to go.
It's a 1989 Squier II Precision bass, S9 serial number, made in Korea, with the coveted high gloss maple neck. Fretwork is excellent, with smooth rolled edges. Honestly, this is the nicest P-bass neck I've ever played on. Licensed by Schaller tuners are smooth and stable. Truss works, but the truss nut is getting sloppy.
The body is front routed, solid wood (not ply), and has seen considerable use. The previous owner toured with it, making it a real road worn relic. Some bare spots in the finish have been sanded smooth, and there are several other narsty finish dings and chunks missing. Plenty of miscellaneous swirls and scratches. True mojo!
I've put a fair amount of work into upgrading this sucker, and it sounds fat and lovely. Here's the list:
- Hipshot detuner
- Dunlop dual-design straplocks
- Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders
- closed pickup covers (what can I say, I hit hard), I'll include the originals
- all new electronics: pots, knobs, cap, wiring, and jack
- fully shielded with copper tape and completely silent
- custom Pickguardian WBW three-ply pickguard
- currently wearing a balanced tension set of Circle K nickel round wounds, in 43-59-79-118. The extra fat low string sounds great in drop D and helps maintain even tension. I like it, you may not
I'm gigging this tonight, so act fast, as I may change my mind!