I bought this a little while ago from TB'er Shirazbop (Rob), but it hasn't gotten much play time. I wanted a Jazz, this is a really nice one, but I play my 5's all the time. What I have decided I need now is another fretless
I wanted it, didn't need it, got it, and now it sits looking pretty. i think we've probably all been there before
So, after trying to trade just the neck for a fretless neck, and geting a lot of questions about whether I would just sell the bass instead, I'm looking to trade the whole bass now. I am also willing to sell it for what I paid, which is $650 Shipped
in the lower 48.
I would prefer a 5 string but am open to 4's as well. Something Carvin with a 5 string bolt on unlined ebony board would be absolutely perfect.
Because Rob did such a great job describing it originally I am going to take a lot of what he wrote and just cut and paste it.
Specs and origin of the various bits:
• MIM Fender Gloss black Jazz Body: never used previous. (TalkBass)
• Fender Original black / white / back pick guard (eBay)
• Fender Original parchment / black / parchment pick guard (eBay)
• GOTOH 201 chrome bridge top loader (Warmoth)
• Stacked volume-tone configured, chrome/chrome knobs (All Parts)
• Fender chrome 3 hole control plate ((eBay, saw some use on a previous Jazz that has been sold)
• Bill Lawrence J45N and J45B pickups (new from Wild Pickups)
• Fender “F” neck plate, plastic plate gasket (eBay)
• Beautiful flamed maple / flamed maple standard Jazz contour neck with Abalone markers, satin finished (Warmoth)
• Schaller Vintage BML Tuners (Warmoth)
• Sadowsky med. Round Stainless strings (Sadowsky)
It is a very, very nice bass and comes in a hard case as well.
Here is a pic of it in company, and I will get a few more shortly if necessary.
There are more pics of it in Rob's original thread, which is here: FS/FT Fender/Warmoth Black 'n Flaming Maple Jazz
I may be able to add some cash to get a really nice fretless (like an SB5000), but if I can avoid that that would be my preference.