This sale was forced on me by my wife, who will not relent in her accusations that I have too many basses. This bass was something of a labor of love, as I have put a lot of time and resources into upgrading and modding. It was also a lot of fun to do those mods, and will be missed.
Here's what we've got. It is a Gretsch Electromatic Junior Jet II G2220. The following mods were done:
- Stock pickups replaced with TV Jones Thunder'Trons (these run about $130 each)
- Stock bridge replaced with a Babicz full contact/high mass bridge
- Stock tuners replaced with Grovers
- Gretsch style strap locks were added
- Currently strung with D'Addario tape wound flats
- Entirely new wiring scheme. My goal was to have the controls on this match those of a Gretsch Thunder Jet. I routed out small cavities for the controls on the upper bouts and added all new quality pots and switches. All of my mods were chronicled in this thread: Gretsch G2220 bass Terms of sale
: For now I want to sell this locally in the Houston, Texas area. So, no shipping. Cash only. No trades. I am asking $400.
Here is a video so you can hear and see a sample: http://youtu.be/9boHZpSF5HQ
(Strap not included)
I will post more pics on request. Thanks for looking.