Squire CV50's LPB La Cabronita ed >CHEAP<
I mean >inexpensive<.. Here's a hand picked by me good one, a Lake Placid Blue Classic Vibe 50's p bass. Maple neck, basswood body. I added the following to make it a bit different and function better too.
1) Genuine Fender Pickup ashtray/cover. I play tele's/51 Pbasses for a living- no really!..and you need this....because some day in your "exuberance" you'll be bracing your thumb on the pickup, and dig in just a LITTLE too hard and be surprised that the top bobbin has come off, rendering the pickup useless. So you see, Leo Fender is here to help, because he knew that would happen and made a pickup cover for you. This bass did NOT have one on it when I got it..but it does now. Use it. Don't ask me how I know about this either.
2) I replaced the Squire decal with a 50's fender decal..it happens. The Made in the Mysterious East thing and serial # are still on the back of the neck.
3) I really like the Fender Cabronita tele's, and after considering the shape, reshaped the pickguard to make this into what would be a Cabronita. Sorry you don't like it..BUT..due to the way this is routed, you can just take the whole thing off, there's no slot for the pu wire.
4) I replaced the plastic tugbar with a maple/one screw one that matches the neck. I will include the piece of plastic "original" one. But really, doesn't the maple one matching the neck look miles ahead?
5) If you're nice, I will include for a few bucks the OEM Fender Japan 51'P RI pickup from my MIJ 51P (that is my daily player and has a Duncan vertically stacked pu)...the one with staggered poles and cloth winding. I am on the fence as to whether this actually sounds better, because for a SC, this little Squire pu rips...but at least you can try it if you want, and when you sell this bass in a few months here on TB :) you can go into a wild explanation of the "more focused in the upper mids, yet still has girth" variety.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Who started that stuff anyway?
6) ADDED because I just remembered.. I did the usual TB dulling of the back of the neck ritual, taking that tacky gloss down a notch or 2. The neck now feels like a piece of wood, not a bar of plastic. This 30 second mod also allows you to play on a warm humid day without feeling like your hand is stuck at the 3rd fret.
yes, there is a gig bag. yes it's well set up and intonated as I was using this as a backup for a bit. yes, there are no more LPB ones around, and this finish is so much nicer than the dreadful butterscotch that I have no idea why they stopped making it...yes, you will pay shipping to your place, at the price I am giving this away for there's no way I am going to be including it, as I am not Musicians 123. REALLY prefer a Chicago area transaction
$225 cash on the line Roscoe..as far as trade bait- I am looking for Fodera Elites, 61 jazz basses in Inca Silver, Aston Martin DB4's..
I like it. And nice description. Makes me want to jump in the car and drive a few hours to Chicago to get it.
I probably won't, but still...
ahhh I werz just in Dubuque 6 weeks ago AG..not headed back anytime soon however..
40 miles west of the city, you probably go by my house on I 88 into town. This bass has your name on it...or something like that.I could put it on..magic marker..sticky letters ...that sort of thing.
Hhmmm. Tempting in Milwaukee
Meet you 1/2 way for lunch and HUGE FINANCIAL TRANSACTION..you'd better be driving an armored car.
all pm's returned..LOTZZA innerest..somebody make up their mind please.
I have a lot of interest in this, including 2 offers from the east and west coasts to ship it out. and interest from the Chicago area as well. If any of the interested parties are ready, lets get this going ok?
As far as shipping costs to the coasts..though I have done this before, I haven't in a while..so $$ wise, $50 seems to be the charge. But I am guessing..I have a box for shipping, it's bigger than it probably needs to be though, as I got a fender bass in a case shipped to me.
Anyone reading this can please pipe in..is $50 about the right cost to ship a bass to the east or west coast?
I am going to post this question elsewhere too.
I would plan on that cost, yeah. It might be less, but you're covering yourself that way if it's packed well (and therefore heavy).
For the record, I still really want this - but won't be getting to Chicago for a few weeks at least. Meet me in the Quad Cities? ;)
how about Mt Carroll? is that 1/2 way?
and sold to a guy in Chicago.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:06 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.