You ever find one of those really great instruments at a good price? Yeah, that's me with this one.
The body, neck, fit, finish, setup were just amazing, but I was wanting a few upgrades where they cut corners. I dropped about $300 in upgrades. Honestly, it's better than my 2012 MIA Fender Jazz and MIJ Geddy. I've played it a lot but for some reason there are like no dings. The only flaw is that the g-string side of the nut is chipped, but the slot is secure.
- Metallic/Candy Apple Red
- Alder Body/21 fret rosewood board. Perfect neck at 1.6". This BB is my favorite neck on a 4-string. Solid without being too big. 5-piece neck
- P/J pickups. That ceramic J is HOT. Very well balanced with the neck pickup
- 9.49 lbs w/o strings
- SKB Fender TSA case. No handle.
- Really well setup! Nice and low!
- Undrilled black pickguard. Secure by truss rod notch. The other 424s were so boring.
- Custom Nordstrand NP4. Had it custom made for the casing (normal P-Bass pickups don't fit). Also, there's a custom shim so the pole pieces don't stick out like a regular 424 does.
- Black anodized knobs just add that touch of class.
- Hipshot Vintage bridge (not pictured). Nice and solid fit over the stock bridge, quick release. 2 screws are black, 2 are chrome.
- Hipshot string tree
- Hipshot Extender/ D-tuner
- Frets were sprouting, so I had them file them out for a smooth feel
- Dunlop Dual Design Strap Locks
- Small feature in Bass Player Magazine! Yes, I'm famous!
- Signed by Aston "Family Man" Barrett of Bob Marley and the Wailers. Ugh, he's so good. He commented on how he had some old BBs from the 70s and loved them.
All original parts included.
$375. Will ship it for $430 in continental US.
Sound clip: https://soundcloud.com/briandukesong/pickup-a https://soundcloud.com/briandukesong...like-im-flying
Also, some uber simple bass for a simple tune for a listen in context. (Could be a little louder in the mix, but it does good)