This has been a great amp but I'm downsizing to fit my gear in a smaller space in the house (remodel coming to accomodate parent living with us). My "big rig" doesn't get much use so it can go.
- lightweight (10lbs)
- 900/1500W @ 8/4 Ohms bridged
- 300/450/750W @ 8/4/2 Ohms stereo
- 2 rack space size, but shallow (10.5" deep)
- semi-parametric eq & graphic eq
- tube pre
- effects loop
- see Carvin for the features: http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/BX1500
I love the sound of this amp - clear, immediate, with enough power to support the lows. It has a drive control that I like and I just use the semi-parametric eq and switch out the graphic (I'm a set-it-and-forget-it kind of guy). This amp is light and a great match for the 12/6/1s I've used it with.
In fact I like the sound so much that I'm still going to be using a Carvin BX500 (smaller but very similar amp) as my primary amp.
$400 local pickup with your choice of 3-sp Gator rack bag or 3-sp Gator molded rack case. $350 if you don't want a rack/bag with it.
I'll ship as well - we just have to figure out the cost based on your address/location
Possible trades include:
- compact, lightweight (circa 30-35lbs), 4 Ohm 1x12 or 1x15 rated ~300W
- Carvin BR12 or NB120 combo (to pull the head and use as an extension cab)
- G&L Trib JB2 (natural/rw), MJ4, Climax, or L2K (1.5" nut width, <9.5lbs, K switching preferred)