I've decided to sell my 'rare' Trace Elliot 1210H-SMX combo...
This lovely piece of gear is the combination of a GP12 SMX head and a 4x10" + Fostex horn, 8ohm cabinet with a rear-facing slot port instead of the usual dual 4" round front ports. Circa 1995 or 1996. It's in excellent overall shape and has only left my house twice! I purchased this from the original owner about two years ago, who had it since new and told me it never left his house. There are a few minor scratches and scrapes on the front metal grille and Trace Elliot logo but almost no other imperfections worth mentioning. The amplifier chassis is near-mint and to my knowledge all hardware (knobs, buttons, covers, jacks, etc) are all original. I wouldn't be surprised if the 12AX7 preamp tube is original as well. I've never disassembled or opened it. Never needed to.
I've never had any problems with the combo during my usage of it for rehearsals, band practice, etc. Even without an extension cabinet this thing will peel paint off the walls with the output volume at 3! Occasionally, I paired this with a Trace Elliot 2103H cabinet... and must say that this amp is fully capable of raising the dead by means of vibration alone, much less the ungodly amounts of bass and sweet Trace Elliot tone it is capable of.
Includes a Trace Elliot foot switch (vintage and correct style but not original to the combo, I purchased this separately on eBay) and NOS Trace Elliot dust cover, black vinyl with bright green trim, that is in great shape apart from a few small scrapes and tears. It's worth noting that this cover is about 3" too long for the combo as 99% of the 4x10 Trace Elliot combos out there are taller due to the front-facing round ports. I have a spare JJ ECC83S preamp tube that I'll include, too. I'm asking $600
and that's as low as I can go. I'm located in Monroe, NY (10950), which is about 45 miles north of NYC. I may be able to meet within a reasonable distance from here, though I would suggest that anyone seriously interested come by, bring whatever you'd like, and give it a work-out first! I want a buyer that's confident in and happy with their purchase.
Feel free to PM me with any questions or offers. Thanks!
Specs as taken from an online source:
- Power: 280W RMS, 580W peak
- Speakers: 4×10″ Celestion drivers + Fostex high frequency horn
- Switchable active / passive input jack
- Input gain control with signal peak LED
- Variable valve and transistor pre-amp gain controls
- Pre-Shape 1:+6dB at 50Hz and 2kHz, -6dB at 400Hz
- Pre-Shape 2: +5dB at 100Hz, +3dB at 3kHz and -5dB at 650Hz
- 12-band graphic EQ with panel switch, footswitch and master volume control
- Balanced DI output, switchable pre- / post-EQ
- Variable high- and low-frequency compression
- Dedicated tuner output
- Effects send & return jacks
- Extension Speaker Output (8ohm)
- Dimensions: 29.5in x 24.0in x 13.2in (H x W x D)
- Weight: 104 lb