Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is allowed around here or not. Someone let me know if I'm out of line.
Looking to sell this Marshall 1959SLP. Its a 100W reissue of the Plexi Super Lead (if you are reading this then you probably know more about it than I do). I ended up with this amp in a trade. I've been playing a lot more bass than guitar these days so I'm looking to move it quickly. After looking over the amp thoroughly I can't find any cosmetic issues at all. The one thing I will mention (and also highlight in the photos) is that there seems to be some small blemishes behind the plexiglass on the faceplate. It looks to me like something from the factory but I'm not sure. The amp is in VERY good condition. It looks and sounds fantastic. I will list more specs and pics below. Price is $1450 shipped. These things are $2499 new!
- Not looking for trades unless you have high-end bass gear (in which case, TRY ME).
- I believe its a 2004 model as the sticker starts with M-2004.
- 100 watts
- It has the master volume mod. (not sure who did the mod as I'm not the original owner but it appears to have been done well and works without issue.) From the reading i've done, most guys say that this mod doesn't effect the amp and that with the master cranked it still sounds like it did pre-mod. Also, they say that the breakup is still power tube break up with this mod.
- Power tubes are all Svetlana Electron Devices (made in russia) EL34's. They sounds healthy and seem to have plenty of life left in them.
- Pre-amp tubes: 2 of them are Tungsol 12AX7 and one is a Svetlana 12AX7.
- The amp also has an FX loop with bypass and a -10 or +4db buttons
I work for a music retailer where I run an eBay store. We ship a lot of guitars and amps so the amp will be very well packed and shipped. Thanks for checking it out!