SOLD!! Price Drop to $950 + shipping! SOLD!!
Up for grabs is an awesome '65 Mustang in Daphne Blue, with original case and original parts! I've had this guitar for a while now but short scale Fenders are just not my thing. If this was a Jazzmaster I wouldn't let it go.
About the guitar:
- All the wear you see is from fifty years of legit, honest-to-goodness mojo-inducing playin'. No faux relic'ing here.
- Plays great. Not a single buzz all the way up the neck.
- Currently strung w/ 11's.
- Some parts on the guitar have been replaced, but all original parts are included. Replaced parts include string saddles, tuners, and pickguard screws.
- The neck has been refretted; according to the previous owner it was done by Mark Kane at the Fret King in Cary, NC. He did a great job.
- Vibrato has been blocked off (like anyone ever used a Mustang vibrato anyway. not exactly Leo's greatest achievement). Whammy bar and springs are included.
- Some of the discoloration on the body is from a sticker that was removed by the previous owner. He gave guitar lessons and apparently the parents of his students didn't appreciate the naked lady sticker. Go figure.
- Most of the finish is worn off of the back of the neck. Has an 'oiled' feel.
- It sounds great and plays great! You know you want it.
- I am by no means a Fender expert, so if you have questions, ask away!
Asking $950 + actual shipping. A few photos are below, but please visit http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/mi...how/craigslist
for a lot of hi-res photos. You can probably tell from the link that this guitar is listed locally as well as here on TalkBass. A firm "I'll take it" means it is yours and there won't be any 'got a better offer' funny business. I hate when folks do that.
Generally, I'm not interested in trades unless it is for the following:
- some sort of trade where I make out like a bandit
- Other equally cool vintage guitars or basses
- Electra Custom Pro + cash
- Fender Aerodyne Tele + cash
- 80's Ibanez Destroyer w/ Rising Sun Graphic + cash
- Lakland Hollowbody
- Epiphone SC-450 or SC-550 + cash
- Early 80's Fender Precision Bass Elite II
- Gibson RD Bass (Standard or Artist, ebony finish only)