1950's Blonde Framus Laminated 3/4/ Bass
1950’s era, 3/4 blonde Framus laminated upright bass. The bass was rebuilt and restored by Bob Beerman at the Bass Violin Shop in Greensboro in 2009. The rebuild/restore and gig bag were $2300 (I can provide a receipt upon request). The bass has remained in my home for the entire time except for a couple of gigs. The following items were addressed during the rebuild process:
• Two carbon fiber rods installed in the neck for stability
• Repaired top and glued top to ribs
• New Sitka spruce soundpost installed
• New tailgut assembly w/new wire and ferrule installed
• New deluxe adjustable German-made bridge installed
• Fingerboard was reshaped and dressed
• Neck reset
• New heelpiece
• All the edges were reglued
• Varnished top and back
• New carbon fiber endpin installed
• New Obligato strings
Also included is a new stand, fiberglass bow and leather quiver and a new very nice, heavy duty, padded Mooradian gig bag.
$2100 OBO for a great playing and sounding laminated bass that is good and loud and also a very cool looking bass (w/that blonde finish). Prefer to sell but will consider trades/partial trades for electric upright basses (BSX, Azola).
NO SHIPPING. Must pick up in Raleigh NC or can drive 3-4 hour radius of Raleigh NC to meet. More pics available upon request. Serious inquiries only.
Sadowsky Club Member #136
Last edited by gflowers : 10-14-2012 at 11:45 AM.