Ampeg SVT II (non pro) Help PLEASE!!! Buzz/Hum issue with dbx163X Compressor
Having a bad buzz/hum problem when using my dbx163X in the effects loop (actually pre out/in) on my Ampeg SVT II non-pro. Also noticed the gain must be turned all the way down on the dbx or there is massive volume increase when increasing compression. I have never introduced compression to this amp so not sure if I am doing something wrong. There may be a simple solution or maybe the compressor cannot be used in pre out/in of this particular all tube amp, I just don't know.
I used a Stingray SR4 but the active EQ should not have a baring on the compressor right (did not cause a problem with my GBE600)? Take a look below
What I have tried already:
- Used my Rocktron Blue Thunder (POS by the way) through the ampegs pre out/in and had no buzz/hum problem in the signal path, thus not a problem with the out/in signal path.
- Tried dbx without anything else in the signal path of the pre out/in on ampeg
- Followed directions of the dbx and set gain first to equalize volume with and without compression.
- Tested dbx with my GBE600 amp and had no problems/buzz while used through the effects loop.
What I have not done yet:
- Try the dbx between instrument and instrument input (another words, not in the pre out/in signal path). Have not used the HiZ input to plug instrument directly into compressor.
- Have not messed with the HiZ volume adjustment in the back of the unit since (according to the manual) it does not function unless an instrument plugged into the HiZ input.
Any suggestions would be great!