I am having some issues with my Ampeg SVT450H amp. It seems to be playing fine with good volume and sound like its supposed to..
- After about 15-20 minutes of playing I am noticing the volume starting to die out slowly to almost nothing. Just faint sound.
- The gain and limiter lights start coming on as I play even though they weren't before.
- The bulbs in my speakers (used to absorb any excess energy to protect them) are glowing consistently. Not flickering as I play..solid glowing.
- I turned down and up the gain and master, didnt help.
- I unplugged my bass and pedals from the amp directly, didnt help.
- I turned off and on the amp a few times (kept hearing a popping and a quick, faint high pitched sound when doing so), still didnt help.
- Even after unplugging my bass directly from the amp, then turning it on and off, still the speakers were glowing!
(see video link, you can see nothing is plugged into the input.)
However, after letting it sit for about 30 minutes I plugged everything back in and it seemed to work perfect again, but another 15-20 minutes later...same thing happens.
Maybe its something that is malfunctioning after warming up?
I am planning on taking it in to get checked out very soon. I am hoping its nothing major as it tends to sound fine in the beginning and only malfunctioning after playing after some time.
Any suggestions on what it may be?
Is this a common issue with this amp?
Any input is appreciated.