General FAQ for newbies?
Hey guys, I've been looking around the "amps" section and I don't really find info for newbies about some guidelines or suggestions about choosing an amp for yourself. If there were one, I could suggest including suggestions on things such as:
- Estimated budget
- Use (is it for basement woodshedding, to play small gigs, etc.)
- Overall sound and/or array of sounds, versatility in this regard
- If one should invest on an amp head straight away or maybe go for a combo first, and why
- Overall quality (maybe some criteria)
- Mobility (if you plan to move the amp around)
- Power/ loudness (does it matter? how to play around with it?)
- Type of amp and its differences (e.g. how a tube amp sounds)
Maybe making a FAQ thread a sticker out of this stuff, for experienced players to contribute when they see fit. I'd love to help in this regard, but I have little experience with amps.
Or maybe there is a thread like that buried somewhere, and could be made a sticker.
Thanks for the help, in advance.
Club Member of: Jazz Bass, Fender Rumble, Gallien Krueger, Ibanez Soundgear, Lone Wolf Bassists, LGBT Bassists... and plenty more.
Last edited by carlthegroover : 01-28-2013 at 09:32 AM.