Originally Posted by russpurdy
I won't be using it until the tech checks it but I'd like to know which option is which on the power switch.
Words of wisdom.
Based on details that I linked below, the two positions of the switch swap the two power wires, and one wire has a capacitor to ground. In one position of the switch, the "hot" side of the mains will be coupled through that capacitor to the chassis of the amp, hence your shock. Any electrical leakage in the amp could also make it dangerous.
A tech can fix this, probably by installing a correct 3-prong power cord and making sure that those capacitors are functioning properly.
Power amp schematic http://forums.peavey.com:81/viewtopi...b52&view=print
Thread showing guts of Peavey Century. You can see that it's not a thing of beauty, but typical of amps made during that time period. The mains wiring right next to the output jack gives me the heebie jeebies. http://music-electronics-forum.com/t4980/