I am the builder of those cabs. I came across this thread today and felt the need to explain a few things.
1. French is my mother-tongue, so some of my replies/comments in englsih may sound funny... (like the "most popular cab" thing... ). I think I just meant that people have an instant grin on their face when they first try the cab.
2. I have a day job, so replying to emails can sometimes be fast or take 12 hours. If I missed you email about the custom cab, I apologize.
3. Most of our customers often ask for a Ferrari when they only have a budget for a Hyundai. So installing speakons, routing all recessed holes and ordering huge minimum batches of custom length plastic skids are things we have to take decisions about. In the end, we do our best to offer everything we can to our customers with the budgets and parts available.
4. Yes, this cab weighs a ton, but is not heavier than a 810.
5. I am a bass player too. The 1" thick baffle idea comes from the fact that even the best cabs can sometimes "fart" on the long run due to the fact that 9"-14" holes cut in 3/4 plywood affect the rigidity and weaken the wood. Even bracing is sometimes not enough with 3/4" (thinking about low-tuned metal bands...).
"The guy it is pretty well known in the local scene, so I`m almost sure he got it for free"... That is how you start rumours... The only cab I gave for free was a guitar cab, and it was the worst idea ever. We give discounts to artists, but no free cabs.
7. Thank you!