Well, I've searched, read, and now I have somewhat of a better understanding when it comes to Gallien Krueger heads. Seems like I can't go wrong with picking one up. But, I'm still relatively fresh to bass amp technology.
So here's my question:
Which GK head would be more reliable
while providing deep, tight low end bass (i.e. dub/roots reggae, down tempo/electronic type vibes)? And, have the versatility to sound good if I also played blues or country? I know, quite a few different genres there lol
Well, so far, this is what I've garnered from several posts I read: GK 800RB
- 2 output jacks for 300W amp (4 ohms)
- 1 output jack for 100W amp (8 ohms)
- Drives brighter top and lower bottom
- Lower roll off than 800RB
- Powers 1 cab & a separate horn?
- More tone & connectivity options
- Variable contour, filter, HMS?
If my understanding is correct, I could power larger (low impedance) speakers with the 800RB? But would have a deeper bass sound with the 700RBII?
Ideally, I would like to hear how each sounds, but right now, I'm concentrating on reliability first, and sound second. So before I go out looking and trying these out, I'd really appreciate some feedback. Thanks!