Trace Elliot V4 all tube head manual
I need the user manual/service manual of the Trace Elliot V4 all tube bass head, there is nothing wrong with my amp I just need the manual because I want to read it. I have search all over google and I can find the manual to download.
Could any of you TB'er help me with a link or something like that to get the manual of the all mighty Trace Elliot V4 all tube head?
Thanks in advance.
British Audio Service keep a lot on file in pdf..
Please attach a copy here if you get lucky.
Which V4, the early one like the V6 or the later one like the V8?
I've done some scouring on the net as well & came up with a schematic for the V-type preamp, but could not find anything better for describing tube functions on my V6.
From what I understand...
v1 Initial gain
v2. Post EQ
v3 final gain stage
v4 phase inverter
British audio service send me the user manual. Here is the link
Hello. I also have a V6 which I bought new back around 1996 or so. I have the manual around somewhere, but it does not provide much detail. Some time ago, I was reading on another forum and ran into the guy who designed the amp! Kind of handy. Got this info
1) Don't go messing around inside if you are not a tech. The voltage in it can hurt you even if it is turned off.
2) The Deep and Bright switches are upside down to Americas (Up = Off same as wall switches in Britain)
3) Pull on the Mid Knob boosts 500hz which is an odd choice, but was picked by the bass player for Pink Floyd (post Roger Waters)
4) The Deep switch in the Down (ON) position actually cuts mud ~160hz
5) The Bright switch Down (ON) sends all the highest highs around the cut-only volumn knob. So the higher you put your input gain, the less it does which is a plus. You can use the 'Active' input to turn the knob up higher, but I am not sure it matters. Anyway it is WAY too much if your cab has a tweeter
6) The V6 runs really well with 6550's as installed by a good tech! I have not had KT-88's in years. (Have Tung-Sol 6550's in there now that are great!)
7) The EQ is very vague. I used a noise generator and spectrum analizer to show that Bass is like 1K on down, Treble is like 100hz on up, and mid is cut only and I forget what the center is. Makes no sense, but comes from an old Fender Showman design.
8) The V6 sounds great with a sealed cab! It was sitting on top of one I could not afford when I got the amp. Should have got the matching cab! Oops! The EQ makes much more sense on a sealed 4x12 cab.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:00 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.