well, you have 3 posibilities
The speaker faill. The speaker can fail one side for the coil, don have the resistance need (8 ohm) if have minus... the amp fail, over all is 3 or less ohm. Another fail is the cone is perfored, you can chek easey, visualy. in bouth caes, the better is replace
The electrolitic capacitor of the power supply is in short circuit or lost acid. if is in short circuit the fusible is burn. If is the lost acid, the amp sound fine for some minutos, arround 5 or 10, and start to ear a noisse very bothersome. If you try, change the condenser, dont have repair.
Te some potenciometer is faill, in any moment can star the noisse, and stop if you only touch the knob. Te solucion is change.
The three opcion, happen for natural use amp. The capacitor (in any amp, included the top line in any desing and building) have a limited life, and is more long or not, if the electrical net is stable, the static, the temperature ambiental, etc etc...
Te potenciometer have mechanical component, whit fisical touch, and whit use, this fail.
that is natural.
Belzeboo tiene un diablo para ti...
Last edited by januchito : 12-29-2012 at 04:18 PM.