Go Back   TalkBass Forums > Bass Guitar Forums > Sponsored Forums > Roscoe Basses
Register Rules/FAQ/CUP Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roscoe Basses Anything and everything you ever wanted to know and were afraid to ask about Roscoe basses, including "in progress" pics of basses!!!

Supporting Membership
Thank You

Latest Supporting Member
Donate to Upgrade Today

Old 04-04-2012, 07:37 AM

General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

Send a message via AIM to Gard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirazBop View Post
Searched this thread up with a "Greensboro NC",.. Moving there later this month... Subscribing to thread... Looking forward to meeting folks!
Excellent! Welcome to the neighborhood!!!

Definitely get in touch once you're settled in, we'll be happy to have you stop by anytime - and of course, we expect you to be at the GTG as well.

(I see you're from Minneapolis...so...Whinequeen fan? Signed Life Long Saints Fanatic! WHO DAT!!!! )
Old 04-04-2012, 08:12 AM

Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan L.

It's a start!
That's HOW it Starts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gard

Excellent! Welcome to the neighborhood!!!

Definitely get in touch once you're settled in, we'll be happy to have you stop by anytime - and of course, we expect you to be at the GTG as well.

(I see you're from Minneapolis...so...Whinequeen fan? Signed Life Long Saints Fanatic! WHO DAT!!!! )
Just to jump in here ; I know that was you that sent those tornadoes through Dallas. Trying to wreck Cowboys stadium are ya?

God Bless, Ray
1 Peter 1:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMusic
Ray is correct!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:17 AM

Owner, Rocket Music

GOLD Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRay View Post
Just to jump in here ; I know that was you that sent those tornadoes through Dallas. Trying to wreck Cowboys stadium are ya?

God Bless, Ray
I believe the Cowboys are taking care of that all by themselves with their recent brand of football, aren't they?!?

Sorry, Ray - that was too easy...
Old 04-04-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMusic View Post
I believe the Cowboys are taking care of that all by themselves with their recent brand of football, aren't they?!?

See.

Greg handles my light-work, on NFL issues. Cowboys? Light work.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:

Haslip is a Cowboys fan

Hey brother, I've got money in my pocket and I can say this with 100% sincerity. NO BUD LIGHT FOR YOU!

God Bless, Ray
Quote:
Ray is correct!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Wizardry!

Supporting Member
Whats the public transport situation like?
Old 04-04-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstrike View Post
Whats the public transport situation like?
Here in GSO?

Fear not, we'll make arrangements to get folks to and from between the local cats and those out-of-towners with their own transportation.

There essentially is NO public transportation, as is de rigeur for pretty much all of the US.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Wizardry!

Supporting Member
I just mean the big ones, btw, should have said. Raleigh <-> Greensboro <-> Blacksburg, just getting from town to town, the rest I'm not too fussy, I can walk. Well, that's if it all works out that I can go at all.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I just mean the big ones, btw, should have said. Raleigh <-> Greensboro <-> Blacksburg, just getting from town to town, the rest I'm not too fussy, I can walk. Well, that's if it all works out that I can go at all.
Oh, well, we will do what we can to see about helping with those types of trips as well - same issue: public transportation in the US is a JOKE....so, we'll make arrangements as necessary to make sure out-of-towners have all the required transport.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:57 AM

Owner, Rocket Music

GOLD Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gard View Post
public transportation in the US is a JOKE....
And thank gawd it is!! Can you imagine the expense of running trains at regular intervals all over this country?!? Sheesh. I'll sign up for public transport in the U.S. when AmTrack turns a profit without any subsidies. (i.e. NEVER.)
Old 04-04-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMusic View Post
And thank gawd it is!! Can you imagine the expense of running trains at regular intervals all over this country?!? Sheesh. I'll sign up for public transport in the U.S. when AmTrack turns a profit without any subsidies. (i.e. NEVER.)
Well, it would take an incredible change of EVERYONE'S way of doing things for it to work out without being a huge drain on the economy, this is for sure.

Americans are too in love with their cars to take a train or subway, and until that attitude changes, Greg is on the money: without massive subsidies, it just is not supportable.

I've seen how effective and efficient it can be (Europe), but the mindset of the population has to be different than the American one for it to have any chance.

In other words, Bill, just expect to rely on one of us or a rental car to get around here. We're happy to do it for you, if need be.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstrike
Care to ride on the back of a power chair? Bring some skates or a wagon and its ON!

God Bless, Ray
Quote:
Ray is correct!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:07 AM

I will throw out I own 3 mini vans and 1 11 passenger van if these need to be used or if I can help. I'm only 2 hrs away so can drive whatever.

Secondly i had a thought . Would we be able to pitch in perhaps and have shirts created..kind of like a family reunion of sorts?

Anyho...this will be killer!

Christian P&W #404
Old 04-04-2012, 09:08 AM

I am SO stoked that I'm living in Raleigh now and not Boston anymore!!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightGroove View Post
I will throw out I own 3 mini vans and 1 11 passenger van if these need to be used or if I can help. I'm only 2 hrs away so can drive whatever.

Secondly i had a thought . Would we be able to pitch in perhaps and have shirts created..kind of like a family reunion of sorts?

Anyho...this will be killer!
Michael, thanks, that might be very helpful! I'll keep in touch with you on the minivan/van thing.

On the t-shirts, already had that thought, been considering a couple ideas for it.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Dark Im sure me or Greg can get you to Blacksburg..just couldnt get you back..maybe you can just move in with Greg...

Christian P&W #404
Old 04-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Wizardry!

Supporting Member
Cheers everyone! I'm sure it'll all work out beautifully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gard View Post
Well, it would take an incredible change of EVERYONE'S way of doing things for it to work out without being a huge drain on the economy, this is for sure.

Americans are too in love with their cars to take a train or subway, and until that attitude changes, Greg is on the money: without massive subsidies, it just is not supportable.

I've seen how effective and efficient it can be (Europe), but the mindset of the population has to be different than the American one for it to have any chance.

In other words, Bill, just expect to rely on one of us or a rental car to get around here. We're happy to do it for you, if need be.
I get ya, I forget how lucky we are in Europe with such a strong system(except when you live in the countryside and need a lift home from the pub at 4am).
Quote:
Care to ride on the back of a power chair? Bring some skates or a wagon and its ON!

God Bless, Ray
Got a skateboard, that do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightGroove View Post
Dark Im sure me or Greg can get you to Blacksburg..just couldnt get you back..maybe you can just move in with Greg...
Probably end up broke and homeless on the first day. Least my cardboard box would be a Roscoe cardboard box.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstrike

Got a skateboard, that do?

Probably end up broke and homeless on the first day. Least my cardboard box would be a Roscoe cardboard box.

Skateboard? Sure! As long as you can ride it after imbibing the good stuff. Not gonna be responsible for picking your big azz up if you fall.

We'll both be lying in a Greensboro ditch.

Cardboard box? Are the Roscoe Signature boxes carved top? I fancy mine with a light ply backing

God Bless, Ray
Quote:
Ray is correct!
Old 04-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Wizardry!

Supporting Member
Quote:
Skateboard? Sure! As long as you can ride it after imbibing the good stuff. Not gonna be responsible for picking your big azz up if you fall.

We'll both be lying in a Greensboro ditch.

Cardboard box? Are the Roscoe Signature boxes carved top? I fancy mine with a light ply backing

God Bless, Ray
Drunk? I can't ride the thing sober....

Better ask Gard and Greg about them, I figure once it rains it'll melt into a carved-ish shape anyway.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boethius View Post
I am SO stoked that I'm living in Raleigh now and not Boston anymore!!
Cool, so you're coming to this shindig?