Details! What is it?
New and Improved Great Seattle, WA TB GTG! Open to any and who would like to come! This is the first time I'm hosting and organizing this, but if it turns out to be a success, I'll likely host this annually or even semi-annually. Where is it?
2801 Alaskan Way Suite 103, Seattle -- one block from Edgewater Hotel.
There is some parking right out front - would be best to use this for load in / load out, and then park down the road so everyone can have an easy time moving gear. There is also paid parking to the North of the building. There's a Spaghetti Factory across the street - don't park there or else you'll get 1) a ticket and/or 2) towed. When is it?
Sunday, March 30th 2014 from noon to 5pm.
There is power at this location, however, there's a limited number of outlets. Extension cords are recommend and bring your own
This is a bar/restaurant, so plenty of food and drink (adult and otherwise) available. How is parking and load in?
Loadin/out is easy. There's curbside area right out front there you can use. It's parking though, so may be full.
Parking - there is a paid lot right next to the place, and street parking is free. How much does this cost?
Outside whatever it costs to get yourself there, nothing. It would be nice if you buy a drink or food from our hosts Do I have to bring anything?
Absolutely not! If you just want to come, hang out, eat food and toy with other people's gear, that is fine! Who is going to be there?
To start, an ever-growing list of TBers. I'm also trying to get some builders, retailers and manufacturers to show up or send products as well.
Here's a current list (2/5/14) of Yes or Maybe TBers (and their gear if listed):
0) Selta (Bongo 6HS, Bongo 5 HS+p, Sterling 5 HH, SansAmp + QSC Rack, Ampeg SVT210s, NS Design NXT 4 EUB)
2) Philonius (BFM Jack 10 + basses)
4) Passinwind (Whole lotts DIY goodies)
5) cableguy (fEarfuls + pedals)
6) Gaolee (Acoustic 360)
7) silky smoove (nEarful, GB MB800, "fun" basses)
9) Caca de Kick (WALs!
maybe Mesa gear?)
10) TBird1958 (Probably about 700 Thunderbirds)
11) Marial (Pedulla, Ashdown ABM 500 EVO II, Squire?)
13) kanonfodr (EV ZLX112 + fun things)
15) Toptube (Modded Fender Jag)
20) winegamd (Aguilar/Berg gear)
21) JamesRedfern (Streamliner 900 + Berg)
23) knuckle_head (13Hz Quake bass, possibly some interesting cabs, fretless)
24) JMarsh (TH 500 + GK Neo cabs)
25) DenisLM (his big Stick)
26) BlueTalon (Warmoth 3 pickup Jazz)
28) KOOL BREEZE (Couple of Carvins and a Trace / Crown rig)
You don't have to be on the list to come - it's just an idea to show who'll be there and what gear you can try out (always ask for permission first though please!) I know such and such manufacturer/builder/retailer/sponsor would like to be there....
If you're comfortable, please invite them on my behalf. If you'd like, you can also PM me their contact information and I will gladly reach out to them and work out details! I heard something about giveaways?
Yes! We will be giving things away! Raffle tickets will be handed out between 12 and 3pm, with the raffle happening at 4pm.
You do *NOT* want to miss the raffle. It is going to be ridiculously awesome. Kalium Strings and Audio Kinesis have offered up some sweet sweet stuff, and I'm hoping for more to come! I have other questions or concerns!
PM me directly, or post in here if it's something that can be publicly discussed.