Originally Posted by Pilgrim
1) Air the bass out, wipe it off with good musical instrument cleaner and polish (Virtuoso is my pick, NOTHING made to use on furniture).
2) Air out your bass case and spray it with Febreze.
3) Tell the band no smoking in the room or you're out.
End of problem.
1) Is this something to put on the body, back on neck, etc? I have dunlop's fretboard cleaner, but I only apply that when I change strings.
2) Good idea.
3) The stupid thing is that there was a smaller side room with seating, but not all of the smoking was done in there. I unfortunately left my gig bag in that room, which is surely aiding to the odour. I'll do number 1 and 2 for sure, and next time keep my bag out of that room and tell people to keep the cigarettes in there.