Modern Player Jaguar General Info
I got one of these a short time ago and just wanted to share some things I've seen about them, in case anyone needs it.
1. The nut is the lowest quality piece of hardware on the instrument. In my case, mine definitely needed work.
2. The finish on the neck is really thick. Be sure to score the edge of both sides of the nut if you plan to remove/replace it.
3. The nut channel is cut flat with no curve. I was easily able to use a file and flattened the bottom of a Tusq Jazz Bass nut (PQ-1214-00) to fit. I also had to take a very small amount off each side because of length overhang. Nut width was fine.
4. The "J" pickup route near the bridge is a standard Fender-sized bridge route. So, get a "bridge" width pickup if you plan to upgrade here.
5. The "P" pickup has a good overall tone and a high output. So far, I haven't seen the need to change it.
6. The control plate size is standard Fender size.
7. WD Music has a template for pickguard replacements. They call it model "JGB-1003". Just email them and let them know what you want. Virgil runs the pickguard section.
8. Tuners are standard size.
If you have any other questions, post here and I'll try to answer.
ESP Ltd B-1005, ESP Ltd Surveyor-4, ESP Ltd B-4Z (inbound) Squier VM Fretless P, Squire Affinity Jazz V Fretless (in work), Mesa Walkabout Scout