My amp has been buzzing into my recordings but it doesn't come through the cab just the DI from the head
Ashdown Mag300H with the 410 cab. Its a relitavely new issue and is a pain to deal with in recordings. https://soundcloud.com/kishore-k-mukherjee/the-storm
Hey guys I did a bunch of troubleshooting and here's what I came up with. I had a cable that wasn't grounded properly and the input on the Interface was up too high so it had some hum coming through there too. After making some adjustments to power and cables here's a few rules to follow.
1. Try to avoid ground loop issues by using a power strip for amps on the same circuit.
2. Make sure your instrument and XLR cables are shielded and grounded cables.
3. Make sure your power strip doesn't have computers or external hard drives plugged in otherwise you can hear them in the amps and pedals.
4. If possible have as little intermingling of audio and power cables. Its a small problem if you don't have shielded cables otherwise you should be okay.
5. Make sure the volumes in the Interface are not clipping in the DAW. sometimes its louder into the DAW than the interface shows.
6. Hit Record and have a good time!