I think there are good things and bad things here:
- You guys seem really really young... for how young I assume you are, this is pretty high quality... the video especially. So that's great!
- You guys have some style, visually... there's a lot to look at - with your green strings and your guitar players Moxie shirt (I think I need one of those now - I love Moxie!) Having a look is a very very good thing.
- Your singer's got some talent and potential there... a hard thing to find, IME.
- The cinematography/production value was very good.
- First, I should state that this is so not anything I would personally listen to intentionally... just not my kind of music... so I can't really judge there so much except to say that I think this kind of music will sound dated in just a few years... but what the hell do I know.
- In order to have a really good video, the recording has to be good - before anything else... time was all over the place in the recording. If there's no groove, no tightness, there's no music, IMO.
- As everyone else noted, the song takes way too long to start... I know that Michael Jackson did this in Thriller and that's considered possibly the greatest music video of all time - but you guys certainly are not Michael Jackson... none of us are... it just comes across as needless and pretentious.
- Gary Busey
Is this great? No. Is it awful? I don't think so. My advice: stay together... rehearse a ton and you'll all grow as musicians together, and, I think, if you keep it going, in a few years you guys could be a really good band - I'm just not sold that you're there yet - I'm really sorry - but that's my opinion. Again, you guys seem really young... so you have your entire lives ahead of you, and I think if you all keep at it, there'll be good things in the future.
But keep at it!!! I hope this helps.
Sadowsky Owners #294, Mediocre Bassist Club #428, TB I.D.I.O.T. #10, Atheist Bass Players #148...