Go Back   TalkBass Forums > Bass Guitar Forums > Bass Guitar Forums > Recordings [BG]
Register Rules/FAQ/CUP Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Supporting Membership
Thank You

Latest Supporting Member
Donate to Upgrade Today

Old 11-12-2012, 03:14 PM

Listened to a recent-ish remaster of Moving Pictures and it sounded pretty good, IMO. As for CA, though compressed, I think that the 96/24 version sounds a bit better - a little more "air" and detail. My main phones are slightly modded K702s.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:17 PM

Going to see them tomorrow night up in Seattle!
Old 11-12-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandguy
A week from tonight @ Gibson in LA, with my best friend!

J!

"To me, your a Captain...but to a Captain, your no Captain!"
Old 11-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Four on the floor

Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandguy View Post
Me too - way in the back, but at least they've got the giant screen so I can see what's going on!
Anxious to see which of the older material they play, but I'm really enjoying the new album too.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:20 AM
Four on the floor

Supporting Member
What a band! Just got back from the concert in Seattle and got some pretty good pics for someone in the back row. I'll try to put a couple up in the next day or two, but anyone on the fence about going to see Rush needs to just buy a ticket and go!
No surprise, but they were so damn tight and played as if they were still trying to make a name for themselves - well they did tonight, for three hours!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akami
What a band! Just got back from the concert in Seattle and got some pretty good pics for someone in the back row. I'll try to put a couple up in the next day or two, but anyone on the fence about going to see Rush needs to just buy a ticket and go!
No surprise, but they were so damn tight and played as if they were still trying to make a name for themselves - well they did tonight, for three hours!
5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

J!

Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 AM

I bought the mp3s from iTunes, but after seeing them play this stuff live I HAD to have the vinyl. Just picked up the double LP. Can't wait to crank it up!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Four on the floor

Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno Dunn View Post
5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

J!
They took an intermission to bring out the strings after about an hour and I thought it would be over too soon, but after the break they just kept going until about 10:30 and although there were a few songs that I would really have liked to hear, there was no sense of lacking, especially after the finishing performances of Spirit of Radio and Tom Sawyer.
As others have said already, YYZ with the strings was killer, and the mini fireworks/flame show was better than some 4th of July displays I've seen!
They started the whole show with Subdivisions and Big Money, and the second set started with most of the new album.
All three of them were so spot on, but a few stand outs were how blazingly clean Alex was ripping it up, and it was evident that he's been doing a lot of practice to stay clean and relevant as a guitarist.
The three or so Peart solos just got better and better each time he did another - wow!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
They took an intermission to bring out the strings after about an hour and I thought it would be over too soon, but after the break they just kept going until about 10:30 and although there were a few songs that I would really have liked to hear, there was no sense of lacking, especially after the finishing performances of Spirit of Radio and Tom Sawyer.
As others have said already, YYZ with the strings was killer, and the mini fireworks/flame show was better than some 4th of July displays I've seen!
They started the whole show with Subdivisions and Big Money, and the second set started with most of the new album.
All three of them were so spot on, but a few stand outs were how blazingly clean Alex was ripping it up, and it was evident that he's been doing a lot of practice to stay clean and relevant as a guitarist.
The three or so Peart solos just got better and better each time he did another - wow!
OK, your not helping! It is still 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!

J!

Old 11-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Supporting Member

Supporting Member
Have you all seen this?

http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbac...gels-bass.html
Old 11-14-2012, 02:24 PM

Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletz View Post
There's been at least one other thread about it. It's just a repackaged Vintage Modified bass. Someone on here has one. They won it from a radio contest, I believe.
Ohio Bassist #6 | Sadowsky - #181 | Gallien-Krueger #369 | Avatar #61 | DR Strings #9
Old 11-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Supporting Member

Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleMoon

There's been at least one other thread about it. It's just a repackaged Vintage Modified bass. Someone on here has one. They won it from a radio contest, I believe.
Yeah - seems expensive and cheesy.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Four on the floor

Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno Dunn View Post
OK, your not helping! It is still 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!

J!
Just trying to make a point, that no one should miss this, even if they have too pay 'too much' for their ticket!

Since I had a wall at my back, there was virtually no one further from the stage than I was, and even though I ended up paying $165 for that seat, I felt I'd received my money's worth by the time the show was about half over, and kept dreading it ending, now that I had my money's worth.
Instead they just kept going and going! What a band! Did I say they were tight? I mean like starving virtuoso 25 year old unknown players trying to build a following tight!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Just trying to make a point, that no one should miss this, even if they have too pay 'too much' for their ticket!

Since I had a wall at my back, there was virtually no one further from the stage than I was, and even though I ended up paying $165 for that seat, I felt I'd received my money's worth by the time the show was about half over, and kept dreading it ending, now that I had my money's worth.
Instead they just kept going and going! What a band! Did I say they were tight? I mean like starving virtuoso 25 year old unknown players trying to build a following tight!
I am about a half closer, and paid about a third more, but I'm going to see Rush......again........in 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

J!

A little excited.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno Dunn

I am about a half closer, and paid about a third more, but I'm going to see Rush......again........in 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

J!

A little excited.
3 days and counting!!!!!!!

J!

Old 11-17-2012, 06:01 AM
Four on the floor

Supporting Member
Pay attention to the light show - it's perfect all the way through, but just keeps getting better and introducing new elements all the way to the end.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:19 AM

All you guys seeing them now, we have to wait until next may
Old 11-17-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAHAM SG1
All you guys seeing them now, we have to wait until next may
I'd probably 'splode from the anticipation!

2 DAYS!!!!

J!

Old 11-18-2012, 12:40 AM

Just got back from the show in Anaheim(my 1st rush concert). You won't be disappointed.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeoulFul
Just got back from the show in Anaheim(my 1st rush concert). You won't be disappointed.
How was the sound?

1 more DAY!

J!