Need monitor help
Since bashing my soundman is pointless* and prohibited (by Talkbass) I am forced to work around him to get the monitor sound I desire.
- Church platform with acoustic piano, keyboard, electric drums, two guitars (sometimes with acoustic), electric bass, 3 backup vocals, 1 lead vocal, full choir and orchestra.
- No amps on stage (yet).
- Aviom personal mixers: headphones/IEMs for keyboard, drums, guitars & bass.
- I set my Aviom-16 monitor mix with the treble tone adjustment to the farthest counterclock-wise position (off?).
- Vocals use monitor wedges
- I noticed that the sound board shows the treble on the bass channel monitor EQ boosted to 3 o'clock.
- The sound through my Aviom 16 mixer / Atrio M5 IEMs has EXTREME treble (extreme left-hand finger noise).
- I have a REDDI box going to the FOH.
- I use an Aquilar TLC compressor (love it at home).
I need a way that will give me control of the mix that I am getting through my Aviom system. Is there a personal headphone equalizer available? It must not introduce extra noise. I'd like to especially cut the 5,000-10,000 hz areas a bit.
I'd like to set up one of my Bag End DB10s (2x10) on a stand & wedge so it tilts back and gives me the feeling of "real" bass. Even with the IEMs I would be able to feel and hear it. If I do this I plan to run the line out from the REDDI to my bass-in jack of my preamp. Is there a way to mix the bass signal from the amp into the Aviom mixer along with the FOH monitor feed?
I've used buttkickers and find them to be annoying to my joints after a while, expensive (requires separate power), and musically unstimulating.
*He is appointed by the church. I don't know why he still is permitted to run the board since he doesn't care about the musician's monitor needs, doesn't know what bass should sound like and is very negative towards courteous requests. Sorry if this seems like bashing. I would really like to work with him.
"Never, never, never give up!"
~ Winston Churchill