Go Back   TalkBass Forums > Bass Guitar Forums > Bass Guitar Forums > Live Sound [BG]
Register Rules/FAQ/CUP Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Live Sound [BG] New! All issues related to live sound reinforcement & PA systems

Supporting Membership
Thank You

Latest Supporting Member
Donate to Upgrade Today

Old 12-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Supportive Fender

GOLD Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by moten33 View Post
I upgrade piece by piece as I find deals and such.
i've scraped together a pretty decent little PA (yorkville E15 tops & LS608 subs/mixwizard board/rane processing/powerlight amps) by doing just that
Old 12-10-2012, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukiah Bass View Post
I checked this out at Home Depot and cannot recommend it as a speaker stand. It's too wobbly. Maybe it would suffice for a backline item, but it's a disaster in waiting for FOH cabinets. A simple bump would topple it over. Also, it's kind of awkward to carry as it is quite wide when folded. Wouldn't work at all on a small carry cart so you'd have to lug it with one arm. Pass.
I respectfully disagree. One of the feet is adjustable in height. Not a lot, but in quite precise way. If you need more, you can always stuff some bits of cardboard under the wobbly foot like you would with a table.

I used one for 1,5 years with a 82lbs and deep 410, and never had the slightest stability issues, even on stages that were wobbly themselves. I cannot imagine any bump toppling it over that wouldn't topple over any system on a speaker stand.

Transportability was actually a big plus for me: it folds flat and is really light, so it is easy to carry with one hand while carrying something else with the other.
For shows were looks mattered, I would drape a black cloth over it.

Only reason I'm not using it anymore is that I went to two 210's stacked vertically, so I don't need to raise any speaker anymore.