Questions about Semi-Hollow Bass Guitars
So i have decided that i want to buy a 4 String Semi-Hollow Bass Guitar. Ive been playing for a while with a Acoustic-Electric and i think its time i try what i have wanted from the beginning. Maybe i like Semi-Hollows because they look like Violins, i dont know, i just love them a lot. LOL. Now then. Questions.
1. Can you do Slap-Bass on a Semi Hollow? (With F-Holes)
( I cant really do it on Aco-Elec and i wanted to try it with it sounding GOOD )
2. They ARE electric, right? Im sorta sick of having an acoustic. I want something electric, like a solid body. Would i be able to play the Semi-Hollow without an Amp? The Semi-Hollow i want is Electric, but are they all ALSO acoustic?
3. Would they be good in genres like, Alternative Rock, Emocore, etc, or are they mostly for Jazz? Ive been hearing that they are usually used in Jazz. Jazz is nice, i play Tenor Sax so Jazz would be quite fun to play. But would i still be able to play stuff like Rock?
4. Is scale length, fret spacing, and all those little measurements ABSOLUTELY important to memorize and look at? The one i want is a 32" scale length (All i could find), and the bass im using right now is what i believe a normal scale length. I understand what scale length is for, but what would 32" be?
Thanks for answering<3 ^^
- Oshy. Horrible bassist hoping to improve.
Perfection is a dream we all want to achieve, never stop trying.