*SOLD* W. Seifert Pernambuco Bass Bow – French Frog
This Bow came to us with a Shen SB150 bass we purchased off CL earlier this year. Original owner had for 6 months and really did not play (why bass was sold). My son used this bow for about 2 weeks in his last attempt to adapt to a French frog and then moved on to German which has worked out much better for him.
I have a copy of the purchase receipt; this bow originally was purchased from Monaco’s Violin & Music - Amherst, NY in July of 2009. Hair is in very good shape and bow is straight. There are 2 stamps, “GERMANY” and “W SEIFERT”. There is a very small chip in the frog as pictured.
I have found the bow on a few web sites in the $800 - $1,100 range + shipping. The specifications listed are:
- Stick: Medium dark brown pernambuco, round shape
- Frog: French style handmade ebony frog, with abalone slide, parisiene eye, fully lined
- Button: Divided nickel silver and ebony barrel button with pearl end dot
- Wrap: Black leather over nickel silver wire
- Specs: 138 – 140 grams, 72cm overall length
I am willing to send this bow out for 14 day (include transit time both ways) audition given the following considerations:
- Must have verifiable positive TalkBass or eBay feedback rating
- Full price deposit via PayPal prior to bow being sent out
- If returned insured shipping to be paid by auditioning party
- If returned, PayPal deposit less shipping will be refunded upon receipt of bow in same condition as sent out.
I do travel some on business so if my schedule might match your location I would be happy to carry with me for an audition. As well we (my son & I) will in July be attending the George Vance Bass Workshop in Maryland and then traveling on to western NY State.
Asking $370.00, PayPal preferred. Thank you for your consideration.
More pics, Last one
Last edited by Hqubed : 03-05-2011 at 03:05 PM.