So...I'm not too sure this pedal gets an accurate description on what it is capable of here on TB. This pedal is an awesome way for someone interested in trying out some modular syth filtering without actually having to buy all the modular gear. First off, this is a very good envelope filter. If you need an envelope filter, that's one good reason you need this pedal.
Now for all the bonus modular synth filtery stuff...
- It has LP, BP, and HP filter settings.
- It has an internal LFO controlled by a tap tempo button.
- The LFO has Sine, Ramp, Triangle, Saw, Sample & Hold, and combination Triangle/S&H and Triangle/Square. That's a lot of wafe forms.
- It has "one-shot" filter sweeps of all wave forms.
- It has momentary filter sweeps for as long as you hold the button.
- It has an expression input to control sevral parameters. Use this to get your dubstep wobble speed changes.
- Plus so much more...I'm almost talking myself out of listing this.
I currently use Moog pedals to accomplish this stuff: LPF for the main filter, the MP-201 to control the LFO, etc, and the CP-251 for combining waveforms...That's over $1000 worth of gear that the Prometheus DLX can do in one pedal sized piece of real estate. I'm going the Moog/CV route so the DLX is a bit underkill/redundant and must go.
Not sure about trades right now.