We are Philosophy Amplifiers LLC. We are a brand new Boutique, Tube Bass Amp Manufacturer located in the San Francisco Bay Area, California. Philosophy Amplifiers
Philosophy has never had trouble standing out in today’s bass amp marketplace. While the market has been bombarded by countless hi-wattage, pocket size bass amplifier solutions--Philosophy has chosen to deviate from the herd. Philosophy’s identity stemmed with the concept of bringing the spotlight back onto the bass-player.
Each amplifier delivers 200-Watts of pure, analog tube power. From a listener perspective, the amp has as much low-end and punch as a 500+ watt solid-state type amplifier. The amp’s harmonically rich midrange is the key to it’s complex and signature sound. The low end stays firm throughout the entirety of the power band, and the treble remains clear and pleasing to the ear. Most notably, the amp has a gain knob that allows the user to achieve a natural tube crunch tone if they so desire. No overdrive pedal required.
Our amplifier surpasses all nearby competitors due to it’s unique and warm tonality, versatility, all-tube circuitry, bold and attractive aesthetics, and functionality. We stand alone in quality, as well as in our desire to build life-long relationships with our clients– both local and domestic.
Videos: Philosophy Amplifiers 200 Watt Tube Bass Amp with Evan Veenstra - YouTube Philosophy Amplifiers 200 Watt Tube Bass Amp with Jesse Mancillas - YouTube
• All Tube Signal Path
• 200 Watts Class AB
• (4) JJ KT-88 Power tubes
• (3) JJ 12ax7 Preamp tubes
• Capable of both clean and overdriven sounds, no pedals required
• Over-Spec’d Power and Output Transformers
• Mustard Mallory Caps, Carbon Comp Resistors
• Features Gain, Bass, Middle Sweep, Treble, and Master Controls
• Illuminated LED Hour Glass
· The tone controls cover very wide frequency ranges, so the below measurements are just the absolute peak of those ranges. Due to the dynamics of the tone stack, the frequencies given are not necessarily the only frequencies adjusted, just the absolute peaks.
· Mid sweep - 250Hz to 1.1kHz (depending on position of bass and treble)
· Bass - 25 Hz +/- 19dB
· Treble - 1.4kHz +/- 15dB (up to 20kHz with certain settings)
· Input impedance - 1M Ohm
· Dimensions - 23.5 in. W x 12 in. L x 12 in. H (including feet and handles)
· Weight - 50 lbs
For More information: Please go to: Philosophy Amplifiers Philosophy Amplifiers | Facebook
We look forward to hearing from you!